Friday, April 17, 2015
Day 57
We got some fantastic news last night. The team was worried that Kora was positive for Cystic Fibrosis due to her blockage and a positive on her genetic test for one of the markers. So after some further testing we have come to find out that she is just a carrier and not actually sick with the disease! It's not 100% for sure as they have not done a sweat test yet but it's 98% positive. We are so relieved. I was so scared and fearful. It wouldn't change the way I love her but it would change our lives more. Enough about that, Kora is continuing to progress great. She weighs 4 pounds 5 ounces and gains everyday! We are hoping she will be to that surgery weight soon! As soon as she gets back together we can work on going home. I am so ready for that day. I walk by that empty nursery everyday and my heart hurts a little more. We have the majority of it done now but we need the last few finishing touches. This little girl is definitely spoiled. She has a pink palace and closet full of clothes waiting for her. Not to mention lots and lots of toys! I can't wait for our family to be together. Anthony and I are going through some big life changes and thinking of moving back to Washington. It will be a huge change for us both but it will be better in the long run for everyone. We are hoping the right answer comes to us sooner rather then later. I am so happy it is Friday! I can spend all weekend with my baby girl. We have a professional photographer coming Sunday to capture memories of this journey. It will be nice to get some photos taken and not be the one taking them for once. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment